GETTING PUBLISHED FOR FICTION WRITERS

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What Makes Me Think I Can Write?


I'm in the final version of my soon to be indie-published novel, The Consequential Element when I suddenly realize a heart-stopping, earth-shattering, thunder-banging mantra has crept into my brain -- subtle, yet profound -- What Ever Made Me Think I Could Write?

It's all been fun -- until now. It's all been 'make-believe' -- until now. Now, I'm preparing to launch my book out into the cold, dark world of judgment, and I don't know where it's going to land. Will it be received with warmth and love, or will it find cruelty and scorn? Can I handle rejection? I mean, really... can I handle it? I close my eyes, fight back the tears of fear, and listen quietly to the whispers of my mantra -- What Ever Made Me Think I Could Write?

And then, without warning, without any indication whatsoever, the guiding spirits in my world have pushed me to stumble upon a wonderful writer with extraordinary words of writer wisdom. Please... if you've ever been in doubt about whether or not you should be a writer, take a moment and read Elizabeth Gilbert's thoughts on writing. Her words have become inspirational to me. Thank you Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment